Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGES ON THIS SITE?
• Employees of organizations who work in the Greater Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti area.
• Organizations with 2 or more employees.
WHO CAN’T PARTICIPATE IN CHALLENGES ON THIS SITE?
• If you telecommute or work from home full time, you are not eligible to participate in the challenge.
• If you work outside of the Ann Arbor – Ypsilanti area.
WHAT IF I DO NOT MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
• The getDowntown Program and The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority reserve the right to delete any participant that is not deemed eligible to participate.
WHAT KIND OF COMMUTES COUNT ON THIS SITE?
• Any work commutes that don't involve driving in your car alone. That includes walking, biking, busing, carpooling, telecommuting, vanpooling, skateboarding, skiing, electric moped or e-bike, etc. That also includes driving to a Park & Ride lot and busing, biking or walking to work.
• Commutes that take you to and from work.
• Telecommuting for the number of miles you would have normally driven to/from work at your Ann Arbor – Ypsilanti office. For instance, if you travel to California for work, you can still log a telecommute, but must use the number of miles you would have travelled from home to your Ann Arbor – Ypsilanti office. You should not use the number of miles from California to your Ann Arbor – Ypsilanti office.
WHAT KIND OF COMMUTES DO NOT COUNT ON THIS SITE?
• Any non-work trips. It's great if you want to try walking, biking, busing, etc. when you aren't commuting to work. However, please do not log these commutes on this site.
• Commutes you may take during the day, like going to meetings or other offices. Please limit commutes to 2 trips a day.
• Logging a carpool commute with children too young to drive. If you drop a child off at school or childcare on your way to work, that does not count as a carpool on this site because that child would not normally be driving themselves.
• Commutes while on vacation or traveling: Please do not log commutes if you are on vacation or traveling. The intent is for the challenges to be local.
• Telecommuting during non business hours. If you check emails over the weekend when you would not normally go into the office, you would not count that as a commute.
• Gas motorcycles or mopeds, electric cars (not used as a carpool).
Prize Winning Details
• Weekly challenge prize winners are drawn at random from eligible participants
• End of the challenge prize winners are also drawn at random from eligible participants
• All users must include their first and last name, organization as well as mailing address on their profile to be eligible to win prizes
• Organization prize winners are determined by the highest percentage of participation for each size category. In the case of a percentage tie, the winner is then determined by the highest number of Average Trips for that size category.
Your data is not shared with any third parties and is only used to calculate leaderboard data and provide prizes. All passwords are encrypted. We also use the data to calculate 'mode share' for the challenge period. If you wish to have your data removed from this site, please contact email@example.com